02 December 2015

Shade of Matte


I know Halloween is long gone and now it's Christmas' reds we most cheer for, but ever since Autumn came along, I've been searching madly for a dark lipstick, and only now, out of season, I've found it.

Last week, with the crazy opening of this new american beauty store - NYX - in Calle Fuencarral here in Madrid, and its huge 3 hour line full of girls and their moms to get a professional make up for free, I had no time to check the actual store. But one week after, and post-Black Friday madness, I got to enter this tiny hall filled with all kinds of make up and actually find the one thing I wanted.
Usually, my attention is directed to the bar lipsticks, since every time I wear a lipgloss, my hair would stick to my lips making a nasty mess (no wonder one time I got so irritated that I cut the little hair piece that was glued to the lipstick on my lips... yeah I'm crazy, but I was also 12).

But this NYX lip cream in a gloss package is different - it's matte! And the color? Oh so darky as me likey! It's in the shade of Transylvania (vampiresque I know), and it smells s good (another feature a lipstick has to have if it wants to be in my bag).

Eu sei que o Dia das Bruxas já passou e que agora são os encarnados natalícios que mais nos alegram, mas desde que o Outono veio que tenho procurado incessantemente por um batom escuro, e só agora, fora de época, é que o encontrei.

Na semana passada, com a mega abertura da nova loja americana de beleza NYX na Calle Fuencarral aqui em Madrid e com uma fila de mais de 3 horas de miúdas à espera da sua primeira maquilhagem profissional grátis, nem me atrevi a entrar na loja. Mas uma semana depois, e pós-loucura da Black Friday, consegui finalmente entrar no apertado corredor cheio de todo o tipo de maquilhagem e encontrar o que queria realmente.
Normalmente, a minha atenção é virada para o batons em barra, já que sempre que usava um lipgloss, o meu cabelo ficava preso nos lábios fazendo uma porcaria (não admira que eu tenha uma vez cortado a ponta do cabelo que estava colada ao lábio por pura irritação... sim foi uma loucura, mas também eu só tinha 12 anos).

Mas este creme de lábios da NYX numa embalagem de lipgloss é diferente - é matte! No tom Transylvania (um pouco vampiresco, eu sei), mas não completamente preto. E cheira bem (uma outra característica que os batons têm de ter se querem vir para a minha carteira).







This is me the next day after that big 3-hour line, where nobody was there to try it and I was second in line!

Esta sou eu no dia a seguir à da bicha de 3 horas, onde já ninguém estava, e eu fui a segunda na fila!

No comments:

Post a Comment